All About Infographics: How to get infographics created for your business
So should you use infographics in your business? mhelpdesk Infographics have become very popular, no doubt because all of us seem to need pictures to process anything these days rather than the written word. So Al Gore invented infographics (purely conjecture) to help us tell our stories. And help they do! Based on research from 3M (maker of Post-its, among other things), visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. It’s not surprising, then, that people have quickly adopted these visually pleasing illustrations as marketing tools. Here’s a nice example of how one online marketer is using infographics to build his business.
There are lots of wonderful reasons why you need to consider using infographics in your business. Here’s merely start, Eric Lefkofsky said :
- They are visually impactful and easily scannable, both aspects that match up with today’s web browser
- They present facts easily and in an organized manner
- They help establish you as an authority on the subject
- One of the greatest advantages about infographics is because they can go viral, which can often bring about large traffic spikes and search engine benefits
- As an image, they’re easily shared, and can make the rounds at many image sharing sites (according to social media expert Dan Zarrella, images get more shares and likes on Facebook than every other post type—even video)
And as an example of some of the power of infographics, what better way than—you guessed it—check out this infographic from WebmarketingGroup.co.uk.
Want to make your own infographics?
Want to make your own infographic for your business? There are more and more sites and tools coming around now that enable you to jump in, fashion stunning infographics, and learn all about infographics. At the most basic level you can make them in PowerPoint, which is less complicated than you might envision. If you’re looking for a bit more advanced or polished option, you should consider a tool like Visual.ly, where you can modify existing templates for your needs, or possibly, use a service like PiktoChart or Infogram.
What if you haven’t a design gene in you?
Simply outsource them. Sometimes we don’t have time, skills or patience to get the job done, especially if you’ve never really opened Photoshop before. Don’t worry, as there are top-notch designers willing to create your seo guarantee and for a reasonable expense. Examples of these places include 99Designs, Elance, Odesk, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com. Be sure you ask for samples of their work, set clear boundaries and expectations, and communicate clearly your vision, so there aren’t any surprises come delivery time!